‘Oy with the poodles already!’ Or What Gilmore Girls Taught Me
1. Big spiders carry guns. Fact.
2. Being an overprotective mother will lead to early pregnancies and rock music.
3. Singing Hello Dolly a la Louis Armstrong will shoot down any argument you are up against. Oh, you don’t believe me? You think I’m wrong?
Yeah. That showed you.
4. 24 hour dance marathons are amazing- but they aren’t the best time to break up with your boyfriend.
5. Michel is the best character. Non?
Michel: Well, you know what happens when you assume.
Oh Michel. You are witty and French and we love you.
6. Taylor should just move.
7. Jess is more attractive than Dean, but Logan is more attractive than Jess. Luke is more attractive than all of them combined, which means I need to start hanging out in diners more often.
8. I know lots of pop culuture references…… but there are still times when I’m laughing at something Lorelai has said and I’m thinking ‘Why am I laughing?! Why is this funny!?’ And that’s okay. I’ve accepted the limits of my pop culture knowledge.
9. “Did anyone think that maybe Sylvia Plath wasn’t crazy, she was just cold?” She was definitely not just cold. I hope.
10. Sookie was a cool name before that vampire show. And people said it right back then. Ah the early noughties. We hardly knew ye.